site / senior engineer
SALARY & BENEFITS
To Be Discussed - Depending on Experience
Coinford are seeking a Senior Engineer to join us at our long term residential groundworks Project in Minster-on-Sea, Kent
Must have a proven track record in residential groundworks
- Maintain and interpret Site drawings, topographical drawings, construction drawings.
- Understand and be fully conversant with client on line information portals, such as 4 Projects, Doc Hosting and Conject etc.
- Setting out from the contract drawings/information, carry out surveys as and when required.
- Be able to use robotic instruments, GPS instruments, lasers, levels etc.
- Ensure works are carried out as per the contract drawings and specification.
- Maintain records, Site diary, quality assurance documentation, reports and records.
- Provide as built information.
- Ensure gangs are working correctly, implement and maintain permit to dig and other relevant permits (if applicable). Understand service company drawings, cat scans and the importance of service avoidance whilst breaking ground. Assist/have responsibility for the Health and Safety matters on site.
- Communicate with the site manager/rest of the site team and assist with the organising of site, this would include material take off’s for ordering purposes, forecasting materials / plant required and sub-contract management.
- Be able to attend meetings/deal with the client/inspectors if the site manager cannot attend.
- Be a point of contact for the clerk of works/client/gangers/sub-contractors to assist with the progression of works and carry out any inspections required with any required party.
- Assist with inputting information/durations to programme of works.
- Be fully conversant with AutoCad an able to extract data from it for Site purposes.
- Be able to use other programmes to calculate volumes, DTMs etc, this would be a programme such as AutoCad Civil 3d/NRG/N4CE/LSS etc.
- Assist with tender preparation, be able to calculate volumes / material take offs / material forecasting from drawings.
- Be able to run sections on their own (or a Site).
- Be able to step up from reporting to a Site Manager/Foreman etc to be the responsible person.
- Be able to organise labour / plant / materials to achieve programme dates.
- Represent the Company, go to site meetings, meet and discuss works with the client or other relevant parties.
- Be able to be the technical advisor on Site, for example that the designer can go to discuss items with and discuss/generate ideas/solutions as the best way forward.
- Be able to produce drawings in AutoCad format.
- Be able to produce programme of works.
- Ensure all Health and Safety matters are carried out/completed and maintained. This would include inductions/LOWLER/PUWER/Temp works/relevant inspections. Internal health and safety
- Produce Method Statements and risk assessments.
- An excellent communicator
- Able to work as part of a team yet willing to work independently
- A proven track record on various Project types as a Site Engineer
- Man Management Skills
- Safe Way Of Working
- The ability to drive the workforce in a safe manner on a very busy Project